Sometimes, I just can't help but reflect on the myriad of twists and turns that our lives can take. If someone had told me two years ago that in the next two years I would get engaged, get walked out on, quit a job I loved, and move by myself out of the state I grew up in, I think I might have found a nice cozy basement to curl up in (with my sewing machine, of course). But in my reflection, I can't help but wonder who I would be without those experiences in my past. While I've never been one to readily embrace change and while some of the experiences I've had are certainly not things I'd care to relive, I know that each and every experience prepared me for something else in my life. If I have the insight and wisdom to learn from my circumstances rather than fighting against things that I can't change; those circumstances, though not easy, will help me grow and prepare for future situations I may face. May I never be so caught up in what is going on that I get shortsighted and forget to stretch, learn, and grow through whatever situation I find myself in.
0 comments:
Post a Comment