Imagine. Create. Inspire.

Turning inspiration into reality.

When one grows up in one country and then has to move to another country, they often experience culture shock. This is defined by the dictionary as: "a state of bewilderment and distress experienced by an individual who is suddenly exposed to a new, strange, or foreign social and cultural environment." However, I have found that one doesn't have to leave the country to have this experience.

So, what was the big culture shock when I came here to Iowa? College football. I remember once asking Dad "Who watches college football, anyway?" Now I know - Everybody in Iowa. After watching the fans, I finally asked someone about it. She said that it was such a big thing because they don't have a pro team. I asked a couple of other people and they all said the same thing. Hmmm.......we do have pro teams in CO and I never met any fans like the ones out here. Craziness.

I was telling this story briefly at a presentation I was doing at work, when my coworker and co-presenter pipes up and says "Now I know what to get you for Christmas - A foam finger!!!!" Yay, I'm so excited........but for which team..........?????

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Joanna
Iowa, United States
I have the blessing to work in the industry that God has given me talent in and that I love. I work in the sewing and sewing machine industry and have the privilege of sharing my passion with others and building mutual learning relationships with those around me.
View my complete profile